Wednesday 1 December 2021

Nothing is permanent


 Nothing is permanent

One evening when I was mulling

Over something even unknown to me

With an ingratiating smile

said My niece  to me

What's bothering thee

Expressionless was me

There was nothing to hile

Sulked I was not

But stoic I was

Quizzically she looked over me

Happy weren't you when we arrived

And sad, as soon we will depart

Philosophically with a wry smile, I said

People meet and move apart

Law of nature this is

Which does not call for tears to be shed

No one gets bound to anyone

And continues to move ahead.

She questioned me further

Will thy heart be not grieved...

when I kick the bucket

I was taken off-guard and retorted

Will there be any need?

Because way before I'll pass

So, there is no probability to cry

And also, it's me who deters longevity

'Coz no one will be nigh to cry

My parents are my obligation

then my soul will desire liberation

It is in accordance with the rule of nature

Should get acceptance from all the creature

Nothing is permanent here

Attachment to anyone will only bring tears.

All is flux, just flow with it

At present, this is the most I can say,

Take the life as it comes in your way.





2 comments:

Veenu Murjhani said...

Very true.....
Nothing is permanent.
Attachment bring the tears.....
Superb!!
Vicab, composition very nice

ajaywrites said...

Thanks, Veenu mam

Rain and life

D own with the sadness Sound of raindrops brought me to the light They whispered in my ears This time will also pass And make everything ...