Friday 18 September 2020

Family trip to Mahidpur, Nageshwar and Ghasoi

 

It was the month of June 2017, slight rains had started, the weather was a little pleasant. All the family members were tired of sitting at home and wanted to explore some areas outside Indore. I was still paralytic and under my inhibitions was determined not to go outside Indore (it was planned to go to Mahidpur, Nageshwar, and Ghasoi i.e. Masi's abode and some Jain shrines) It was made understood to me that no problem would be encountered if I go along with them but I still denied. My denial was justified as I do not want to be a  spoilsport in their enjoyment. Later Shweta called and categorically stated that I must come with the family else they will be very upset. At last, I declared my countenance and we all set off for our new family tour in the evening. I sat in the front seat with the driver and Aashi sat next to me. Papa-Mummy and Bhabhi occupied the middle seats and Anju di, Bhai Saab, Jijaji and Arpan settled in the back seats. I hummed the customary 'Hanuman Chalisa' in my mind with the wish that this journey happens smoothly and I do not create a problem for any other person.

We were driving on the Indore-Ujjain road and the weather was very pleasant. On the way, we stopped near Sanwer, and everyone had corn roasted on the wood fire. I too got time to relax my bladder. From there we drove non-stop to Mahidpur and reached Masi's plush house by 9:00 PM. We all were welcomed heartily by Masi and her family. I was feeling a little bit embarrassed due to my disability but all made me feel so comfortable that I soon forget about it. 

Soon, an array of banters followed. The whole room resounded of chatters and laughter. The place where all activity took place was Masi's living room. Her grandeur was yet to be envisaged. A sumptuous meal was served to us. Everyone was full of the happiness got on meeting Masi and family, that food served was seeming extraneous. After dinner, we all went upstairs using a curved staircase. We all went inside Hitesh's bedroom. Hitesh's bedroom is very large with a very large bed which is enough to accommodate many people at a time. Thereafter we all chatted for a long time with a game of cards. We played several rounds of the game; later the tired ones slept there itself and the more energetic ones moved to the second story. I slept with the other persons there itself.

At 4:30 in the morning I woke up, all others subsequently left the bed and gathered in the living room for breakfast. There were juicy jalebis and delicious Poha for breakfast. Everyone had the beverage of their choice, a short photo session, and left to visit the 'Kile ka Mandir' which is a newly built pilgrimage in the vicinity of Mahidpur. Masi, Shweta, Hitesh, Ami, and Vihaan accompanied us. Anju didi shifted to the big car which Masi's driver was driving

Mausa-Masiji, Papa-Mummy (Masi's residence)
Aashi, Anju di, Papaji and Masaji

Nageshwar

Kile ka mandir: We all boarded into Tavera and car and reached kile ka mandir in 10 mins. This temple has a 2000-year-old 'Pratima' of Adinath Bhagwan. The rest of the temple constructed is new. Temple provides you the darshan of all 'tirthakshetras' in one place. After darshan at this temple, we all headed towards Nageshwar Jain pilgrimage. By 11:00 A.M. we reached Nageshwar. There wasn't much hustle-bustle there and the place looked serene. 
Kile ka Mandir, Mahidpur


Nageshwar
: Shri Nageshwar Parshwanath Mahatirth, is waving its renowned flag throughout the world, wherein the fourteen feet life-size standing statue of Lord Shri Parshwanath is swaying the world with its miracles. Here the complete statue has been carved out of a single emerald. The idol is 2850 years old and crafted by 'Dharnendra' itself.  We took two rooms in the 'khartargachh Dharamshala'. It was the only free accommodation available there. Poorly managed dirty rooms were only in our fate. Everyone got ready as per their ease. Some people offered Pooja. I sat on a chair in front of Lord Parshwanath's idol which has the fine carvings of lotus leaves, dear, lion, dharma chakra, etc and an array of thoughts rattled in my mind which caused tears to roll down on my cheeks. Yes, I was weeping on my helplessness that I can't go near idol due to my constraints. Thankfully no one except my mother noticed that I'm crying but she thought these might be atonement of my sins.
Nageshwar temple

After all the religious rituals were completed we went to Bhojanshala for Lunch. Mahendra Mama and Beena Mamisa also joined us. They had come from Dag especially to meet us.



One thing which I found a little disturbing is the sudden formation of groups. That happens when there is a difference in the ages of members within a group.


Bhabhi, Aashi, Ami

So now it was 2;00 PM and everyone was craving for beverages. All gathered near a street-side restaurant for a cup of tea. I do not like a kind of tea or coffee with milk, so my head was feeling heavy and I asked everyone to hurry up and sit in the vehicle. Maybe I was rude in saying so which riled up Aashi and she retorted in anger. I was taken aback, but all these are part and parcel of the group tour. I kept calm and waited for everyone to ensconce in the vehicles. Now we had two extra persons in the vehicle and it got more congested. We headed to Ghasoi after a long vacillation on the idea of going or not,

The road from Nageshwar to Ghasoi was one of the worst roads I experienced in my life. 

Ghasoi Anand Dham Tirth

 

Anand Dham tirth is located in a small village GHASOI 5Km away from SUWASRA station MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA. Anand Dham tirth is of the temple of Lord Chintamani Parshwanath. 40 years ago Chintamani Parshwanath idol was found in Ghasoi (underground), the idol is 2000 years old.

When the idol was found a small temple was built at Ghasoi and the idol was worship there. In the year 2012 Lord Rishabhdev idol was found. On Feb 2012 Chintamani Parshwanath idol was taken to a new temple that is the actual place where Chintamani Parshwanath idol was found.
Anand Dham temple was under construction and someone had organized a grand 'Puja' when we went there. After an early dinner, we left again for our home. Mamiji and Mamaji were seen on the way waiting for the bus to Dag. Though both had to reach the same destination yet both were standing apart. The family feud was very obvious. Now we all were very tired. It was getting dark


Masi and her family got separated from us and moved towards Mahidpur and we continued towards Indore via Ujjain. There were a lot of restaurants dotting the Ujjain-Indore highway. We halted for a minuscule time at one restaurant and bought some snacks and continued towards Indore. It was a starry night, gusts of wind were touching the face; eyes drooped slowly and opened only after we reached home.
The most unforgettable feature of the tour was being with the family👪 which was happening after years; before this, it was the Nakoda-Osian trip. Another thing which will always fix this trip in the mind is that it was adventurous for me and helped me to get rid of several complexes I was bearing
Some indelible💖 moments to be cherished have been captured in the form of pictures.
Bhai Saab, Masi, Mummy

Hitesh, Bhai Saab, Shana

  
Me and Vihaan

Aashi, Anju di




 

3 comments:

RIDDHI NAHTA said...

Amazing

Kiran Nahta said...

Bahoot khoob ..yaad taaza kar di

Anonymous said...

The memories refreshed but in pictures something is missing but , very hard work done by you , that's very well done that's greats 👌👌.

Rain and life

D own with the sadness Sound of raindrops brought me to the light They whispered in my ears This time will also pass And make everything ...